It"s About Time

I am a late bloomer when it comes to technology. I got a pager after I graduated from high school. I almost made it to 25 years old without a cell phone. I probably won't have a blackberry before 2010. However, I've decided that I won't live another day without a blog. Now you're probably asking yourself, why should I read anything Adam writes? What makes him so special? The only answer I have for you is: experience. Not the type of experience that you'd find on a Yale graduates' resume, nay, the kind of experience that makes others glad they don't have it. For example, I once gave my cell phone number to a homeless guy. This is precisely the cross section of the human experience that I bring to the table. I promise you'll be entertained.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Grilled Shrimp w/ a Fried Polenta Cake and Apricot Barbecue Sauce



The shrimp were grilled indoors using a cast-iron grill pan. They are served next to a piece of polenta that has been fried in olive oil until crispy on both sides. The accompanying barbecue sauce is made with apricot jam, molasses, cider vinegar, and liquid smoke. The spinach was wilted in sauteed scallions and garlic with a little lemon juice.

No comments: